Soil Amendment and Analysis Services
Most homeowners know that they need to regularly mow and water their lawns if they want their grass to stay green and gorgeous. But if you’re taking care of your lawn and you’re still seeing thinning grass and patchiness in your lawn, the problem might be in your soil itself. If your soil’s pH balance is off, it can cause all of the hard work you’re putting into your lawn to go to waste.
A soil amendment can help introduce chemicals and micronutrients into your lawn to create the ideal conditions to improve the health of your lawn. Learn a little more about the benefits of soil amendment services and how TruGreen performs its professional soil analysis processes with our simple guide for beginners.
How Does TruGreen Amend Your Soil?
TruGreen is your local source for professional lawn care services. We’re proud to take a personalized approach to soil analysis and amendment services—and we guarantee our results. Here’s what you can expect when you sign up for a soil analysis and amendment appointment from the team at TruGreen.
- Begin with a Healthy Lawn Analysis: TruGreen understands that your soil can be as unique as your family. We start all of our new clients off with a custom Healthy Lawn Analysis that allows our professional team to get an in-depth look at the true condition of your lawn.
Your TruGreen technician will test the pH of your soil and determine what types of micronutrients can be applied to your lawn to bring your grass to its full potential. Your technician will also consult with you about future treatment needs, the number of appointments you’re likely to need, and any other services that might benefit your lawn.
- Begin your treatment: Depending on the unique needs of your lawn and your soil composition, a TruGreen professional will make a visit to your lawn every four to six weeks. Each time you receive a service, your technician will leave a service summary on your door or with a resident. This helps you get a better idea of where you are in the treatment phase and ensures that you can effectively keep track of expenses and appointment needs.
- Track your progress: Your TruGreen technician will work together with you to ensure that your treatment is taking root. Over time, you’ll see fewer brown patches and disease issues in your lawn. Your TruGreen technician will retest the pH of your soil to be sure that treatments are working as planned, and they may offer additional recommendations and suggestions for future services and treatments.
If you’re unsatisfied with your soil amendment, don’t be afraid to give TruGreen a call. Our Healthy Lawn Guarantee ensures that our team will return as many times as needed to get the results that you need.
Why Choose TruGreen?
With so many lawn service providers available, why should you choose TruGreen to provide you with your soil amendment services? Here are some of the reasons why homeowners turn to TruGreen again and again when their lawn needs special care.
- TruGreen only works with professionals: TruGreen employs a full team of trained lawn care professionals and experts in your local climate, soil composition, and grass types. When you choose TruGreen, you can rest with the peace of mind that comes with knowing that only the best of the best will touch your lawn or make a visit to your property.
- Getting a quote is easy and free: TruGreen’s estimates are always free, quick, and simple to begin with. You’ll never be left wondering how much each appointment will cost you or if you’re getting the best deal. In most parts of the country, you can even claim your free quote online in a matter of a few minutes.
- TruGreen offers Healthy Lawn Guarantees: TruGreen is committed to ensuring that every homeowner is completely satisfied with their results. If our team gets something wrong, we’ll return as often as we must in order to make it right.
Recreating Your Soil This Season
From aeration services to complete pH balancing appointments, TruGreen is your local source for all of the professional lawn care services you need to keep your grass looking gorgeous. If you’re unsatisfied with the current condition of your lawn, give our team a call today at 877-349-9084 to claim your free quote and learn a little more about the TruGreen difference.
What is a Soil Amendment?
In order to stay lush and green, your soil needs to maintain a balance of different nutrients to ensure that your grass’s roots have access to everything they need to grow. One of the biggest factors when it comes to soil composition and lawn growth is your soil’s pH balance. The pH scale is a measure of how acidic or basic a chemical compound is. The ideal soil pH is about 5.5 to 6.5 depending on the type of grass you have and your local climate. If your soil is too acidic or too basic, your grass will struggle to grow—and you might begin to see brown patches and dead spots pop up throughout your lawn as grass struggles to stay healthy.
A soil amendment is a professional treatment that corrects the pH of your soil and creates the ideal conditions that your grass needs to stay healthy and disease-free. You’ll first receive a soil analysis, which is an appointment where a professional lawn care service provider takes a sample of your soil to test its pH. After receiving the results of the analysis, your lawn care service provider will create a unique mix of chemicals and soil supplements to bring your lawn back to its ideal pH level. Some examples of treatments commonly used to correct soil pH include lime, phosphorus, and iron. After your treatment has been applied, you’ll notice healthier grass growing in your lawn.
What Affects Soil pH?
Environmental factors are the primary causes of pH imbalances in your soil. Some of the most common causes of pH imbalances include the following.
- Animal droppings: When animals visit your lawn to feed, they often leave droppings behind. These droppings can affect the pH of your soil either in a single area or throughout your lawn if animals are a frequent problem in your community.
- Overwatering: Overwatering your lawn can dilute nutrients in your soil, which makes it more difficult for your grass to grow. If you water your lawn too often or you live in an area where heavy rains are common, you might see a problem with your soil’s pH throughout the year.
- Pollution: Local pollution can also harm both the quality of your grass and the nutrient content of your soil. Pollution-related pH issues can be particularly visible if you live in an area where water pollution is common.
How Can I Tell if I Need a Soil Amendment?
If your soil’s pH balance is off, you’ll likely notice a number of warning signs throughout your lawn. Some of the most common symptoms of a poor soil pH balance include the following.
- Susceptibility to disease: Certain types of lawn diseases are much more likely to take root in your lawn if your soil doesn’t have the ideal pH balance. Moss is a notorious culprit, quickly multiplying in lawns that have more acidic soil.
- Resistance to treatments: Are you applying fertilizer throughout your lawn to no effect? Chances are that your soil’s pH balance is rendering the treatment ineffective. This can result in patchiness and thinning grass throughout your lawn.
- More weeds moving in: Like lawn diseases, select types of weeds flourish in acidic soil. If you’re noticing more crabgrass or shepherd’s purse popping up in your lawn, you likely have a pH imbalance in your soil.
If you think you might have a problem with your soil’s pH, you can test a small section of your lawn’s soil using a pH testing kit. These kits can be found online or at your local nursery. You can also contact a local professional lawn care service provider like TruGreen to perform a soil analysis on your lawn. We recommend working with a professional soil amendment provider over testing your lawn on your own, as professionals know how to get a full picture of your soil’s composition.
What are The Benefits of Soil Amendment Services?
If you’re unsatisfied with the current quality of your lawn, a soil amendment schedule might be right for your family. Let’s take a look at some of the biggest benefits you’ll see after scheduling your soil amendment services.
- Less money spent on lawn correction: Does it seem like your lawn is always fighting back against some type of fungal infection or pest infestation? When your soil’s pH balance is off, diseases and pests can have an easier time invading your grass because your grass’s roots have less of the nutrients they need to fight back. Ensuring that your soil is at the proper pH level can leave you with more money in your pocket and less spent on professional lawn correction services.
- Improves the condition of your grass: Your grass’s roots are the heart of your lawn. If you want a lawn that’s lush and green, you need to make sure that your roots have access to all of the micronutrients and minerals required for your grass to grow healthy. Unfortunately, your grass can have a harder time absorbing these nutrients if your soil’s pH level is too high or too low. Correcting your soil’s pH helps your grass maintain its color and consistency throughout your lawn by ensuring that your grass’s roots can easily access all of the nutrients it needs to grow.
Enhances any treatments you use on your lawn: Lawn treatments (like pest control products and fertilizer) require your soil to be at a specific pH in order to work effectively. If you apply these treatments without first correcting your soil pH, you could be throwing money in the garbage. Maximize the effectiveness of your lawn care plan and ensure that you get the most out of your treatments by focusing on the condition of your soil before you work to correct problems like brown patches or thinning grass.